Friday, December 6, 2013

New Discovery: Bye Bye, Old Signature Scent

Can I start by saying this: OH MY GOD!
This is going to be a very impulsive post by the way. You have been warned!

Oh my god, I cannot contain my enchantment, I have been transformed. I shall not be the same after this scent. And I thought I was the one perfume kinda girl. Who was I kidding?

The cause of this state of bewilderment is my future husband (YEAH RIGHT), Mr. Tom Ford. Dear Mr. Ford, you have done it again, you have swept me off my feet, and I am forever in  love.

Today I smelled the perfume of my whole entire life, the one I wasn't looking for, but have found, and cant seem to stop thinking about! And it goes by the name of Violet Blonde, but henceforth it shall be Violet Carol.

I have to be honest with you all, I  never thought I'd like it so much, as I never thought anything can break the habit of me being so impossibly hard to please in terms of scents, but I have just fell in love, deeply, madly, and uncontrollably. It definitely is a more mature scent for me, especially since my signature scent is (just until Christmas) Lola by Marc Jacobs, which I think is super young and playful, don't get me wrong, I still really adore it, but its not a sophisticated scent, its immature in a good way. Well, Violet Blonde is the opposite of Lola, its much much warmer and more kinda grandma-like and powdery, but oh so delicious. I don't know, I love it. This is what I want for Christmas, along with Tom Ford himself. I am 23 years old (just turned 23 on December the 3rd, yay!), but I want to smell like Violet Blonde soooo badly. I have added it to the very top of my Christmas wishlist, and I hope I will get it, its a keeper.

Now just to be a little helpful and not so rambly, here are the notes of this faaaabulous fragrance copied from a website called www.fragrantica.com:
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Pink Pepper, Violet Leaf
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Orris Root
Base Notes: Vetiver, Musk, Virginia Cedar, Benzoin, Suede

Now just to show how different this is from my still beloved Lola, here are Lola's notes:
Top Notes: Pink Pepper, Pear,Grapefruit
Middle Notes: Peony, Geranium, Rose
Base Notes: Vanilla, Musk, Tonka Bean

See, people like me, who are highly paradoxical, can love two perfumes that almost have nothing in common.

And by the way, the bottle looks soooo sophisticated, really,  the exact opposite of Lola, that looks so extravagantly young and colorful and almost like a teenager who has just discovered colorful makeup! But I still love them both oh so much, and I want them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment