Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Verdict is #5: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 05 Ole Flamingo & 06 Pink Pong

Recently I spotted a very exciting launch in the drugstore departments, and that is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks! I am an avid fan of liquid lipsticks, and i love trying more of them, and this launch intrigued me because it claimed to be matte and to last for the entire day! Obviously, I just had to try them out, it was just meant to happen.


Before I give you the verdict and before we discuss the performance of this product, lets talk about other elements that make or break the deal for me.

The packaging is one of the things I like to address. I think this product has the average package of a drugstore product. It is not beautiful or fancy by any stretch of an imagination, but is is practical and lightweight! What I am especially fond of is how secure these things are, they will never open automatically, so you can put them in your purse and completely forget about them. They are also color-coded so you wont have trouble picking your favorite shade if you buy more than one.

In terms of price, I think they are certainly overpriced, they go for 125 nis which is the equivalent of 35-36 usd! That's just completely and utterly mad for a drugstore product. Fortunately, drugstore products are often on offer, so you can buy some for a good deal, you just have to have an eye for good deals because otherwise I think they're a total ripoff for what it really is which is a drugstore lip product!

The shade selection is pathetic, it is very limited and basic! But let's be nice for a minute and give this a go, its a new product and I would assume that new shades would be included and introduced to the line if it ends up being a successful product.

The one thing that I really dislike is the scent. The smell brings back memories of the way our art classes used to smell back in elementary school! I cant pinpoint exactly what exactly triggered this memory, but it just did! However, fortunately, the scent really does not linger at all! And it does not have any flavor whatsoever! A big plus. Just for the record, I think the YSL Volupte lipsticks smell worse than these Bourjois ones do!


Now lets talk about the performance!

Pigmentation wise, these things are as pigmented as it gets. The pigment is rich and opaque in one swipe, which is awesome I think! The best thing about this is that they set into a matte finish, and they never bleed or smudge all over the place or get onto my teeth! The applicator is also awesome and totally foolproof!

They are also ridiculously long lasting! I find that these things are amazing to put on when you know you're going to have a long day and that touching up is not an option! These are arguably the longest lasting lip products that I have ever tried!




But knowing that they're matte and very long lasting is a little worrisome to those of us who worry about dry and chapped lips. Usually, matte lipsticks tend to be drying. But this does not do that at all, but it doesnt moisturize the lips either, its just very comfortable. It is also not sticky at all! Another thing worth noting is that they are insanely lightweight and it feels like there's nothing on the lips, you almost forget about them, until you get a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and see the crazy pigmented color on your lips. And you dont really need to reapply after eating/drinking!


Overall, the verdict is that I think that this is a great great product, I love it and I really cannot fault it. It get five stars from me! Highly recommended!


I'll be uploading a video later tonight, so stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment