Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Morning Routine

Good morning everybody!
Before I start to tell you about the products I use, I should first describe my skin type for you all. My skin is quite normal, but it responds to radical weather faster that you'd think. I can get dry patches on my cheeks, and some occasional blemishes, not many blemishes, maybe a couple on my cheek, and one or two near my hairline, and it usually happens if I have a stressful week or so, and of course once a month, like so many other things. I do however take good care of my skin, and I don't mind spending a lot of money on products that I like.
So, I assume none of you sleep with your makeup on, right? GOOD, its one of the most crucial things! So, when you wake up, your skin is definitely not as filthy as it was with your foundation and makeup on. But you still must cleanse your face! So, the first thing that should be applied on your pretty faces is a cleanser:



My Cleanser is the Dior Gentle Foaming Cleanse with Velvet Peony Extracts, and it is meant to be used on dry or sensitive skin. Now before you skip this section and look for an alternative cleanser, let me tell you that my skin is by no means dry, nor sensitive. But this is the only cleanser I used that does not leave my face feeling like it was stripped of moisture or dried out, it does what it is meant to do without drying out my skin, which is what I look for in a cleanser. However, if you prefer a cleanser that foams, this is probably going to disappoint you, because it simply does not foam. It has a nice scent, bur it is not too heavy.
And here is a picture of it, and what the actual product looks like.




Next, even though my skin is not dried out, I still feel like my skin could use a boost of hydration and moisture, which is why I love to use the Guerlain Super Aqua Repluming Toner. It is very hydrating, and it really helps with dry patches, I think its a must have for people who suffer from those, and want to prevent them from happening. This can be used on a cotton pad, but I love to apply it with my hands, I feel like my skin absorbs more moisture that way. So I just use one pump every morning, and it gives me the boost I need throughout the day. It is scented as well, but I personally really like the smell, and I used it once on my mother, and she said that the scent is actually quite pleasant, and that it does feel refreshing. And I like to wait fr a minute or two before I move to the next product, just to make sure that my toner has been absorbed completely. I have not got this product for very long, but I know that this is one of the products that I will absolutely repurchase over and over and over again.
And here is a picture of it, as well as how it looks like on my hand:



Afterwards, I apply my eye serum, which is the Dior Capture Totale Eyes Essential Eye Zone Boosting Super Serum. It helps with puffiness, not so much with dark circles, especially if you do not sleep well. I am 22, so I do not particularly see benefits with regard to anti aging and wrinkles, but I believe that it is doing good. This is probably the only product I use with an unpleasant scent, I cannot describe it, but it certainly smells odd to me, and I just dislike it. But once I apply it under my eyes, the smell luckily fades, and the products absorbs quickly. I would say that this is a product that should be tried, because I do like it, aside from the smell!
And here is a picture of it:




After my Eyes serum has absorbed entirely, I apply my face serum, which is also by Dior, and its called the Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum. This I really like, it has helped me a lot with sun spots, some blemish scars, it has done wonderful things with my skin. It basically is a great detoxifying serum, and I have mentioned before the nasty toxins that accumulate in our face. It's very beneficial, and I am a living proof that this thing actually works, and I feel like my moisturizer and foundation glide smoothly on my face because of it. It has a really pleasant smell, and it absorbs super quickly as well. I think I might repurchase it, though I am intrigued by another serum at the moment, but I will try it out once I run out of this.
Here is a picture of what it looks like:




Then I apply my moisturizer, which is the Dior Hydra Life Pro Youth Silk Cream, which is perfect for normal to dry skin. It took my ages to find a moisturizer that I genuinely liked, and this is really nice. It gives my skin just the right amount of moisturization, it is not very think, but it is not gel-like as well, I think it is like the middle-ground, which is perfect. My skin reacted badly to heavy and super rich moisturizer, but light moisturizers tend to make it easier for dry patches to appear on my cheeks. This is really perfect, in  every possible way. The smell is quite nice but settle, and it does not like a greasy feel at all, and it definitely absorbed faster than I thought it would. I really recommend this moisturizer, this is also a product I know I will repurchase, and its a fact. If I could change one thing about it, it would be the glass jar, because its so heavy. I could also use a darker applicator, because the transparent one that comes with the cream gets lost quickly because I just cant see where it is!
Here is a picture of what the product looks like:





And last but not least, you cannot moisturize your face and forget to moisturize your lips. They count too, and for that, I use Blistex, a good old cheap product that has been doing the job for absolutely ages. I have repurchased this many times before, and probably will continue to repurchase it over and over and over again.
And here is a picture of what the product looks like:





No comments:

Post a Comment