Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tag: My Makeup Story

Question:
          How old were you when you started wearing makeup??
               I was 21 Years old. (July 2012)

Question:
          How did you get into makeup?  
               I accidentally saw a video on YouTube, it was a Guerlain haul by TheLuxeBabe, and I was intrigued by the amazing packaging of Guerlain's meteorites and the Rouge G lipstick. I basically did not care that they were makeup products, the packaging just sucked me in and I was determined on buying them just because they looked really awesome. And then I noticed how amazing they were in terms of quality, and I started to expand my Guerlain products, and I fell in love with all of them. And after about 6 months, I started exploring other brand.

Question:
          What are some of your favorite brands?
               As I mentioned earlier, Guerlain was my first love, and I must admit that Guerlain is my absolute favorite brand. However, I really love Dior, YSL, and Lancome. But in a couple days, I will get my first Tom Ford products, and I think I will have to add Tom Ford to my favorite brands very soon.

Question:
          If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?
                Well, a foundation is a must, so I'll go for my beloved Lingerie De Peau. A Mascara is also a must, but I dont think I have a favorite mascara, which is why I'll choose the one I'm currently using which is the Lancome Hypnose mascara. I love blushes, especially the YSL cream blushes, number 2 in particular. And last but not least, lipstick, and my favorite lipstick EVER is Guerlain Shine Automatique in number 265 Pao Rosa.

Question:
          What does makeup mean for you?
               Makeup is a luxury thing. Not essential, but its this thing that you do every morning, the time you devote for yourself everyday, a kind of daily treatment. I can live without makeup, and it wouldn't make a difference, but why not take the time to pamper yourself everyday, just 30 minutes or an hour to get dressed, do your skincare routine, style your hair, and apply makeup. It's the hour that you forget about stress in it. At least to me.

Question:
          What do you think about drugstore makeup vs. high end makeup?
               Just like I said before, makeup is luxury, its one of the things I dont mind paying a fortune for. Because of that, I haven't considered exploring drugstore beauty products, I purchase one or two every couple months, but I dont use them as much as I use my high end products. I think that if makeup is necessary to boost confidence, then maybe quantity will matter more than it does to me. So I think that if makeup is not necessarily a luxurious kind of practice, but a boost of confidence, then maybe drugstore makeup will work. I hope this makes sense, but I just love using Dior much more than I love using Maybelline or Loreal.

Question:
          What is one tip you can give beginners?
               Discover your favorite kind of products (Eyeshadows/lipsticks/blushes), and invest in high end ones. I knew I loved Eyeshadows and Lipsticks, and they were two of my main focuses.

Question:
          What is one makeup trend you never understood?
               Honestly, I have no idea about beauty tends, I dont read magazines or know about trends. Which is why I will be replacing this question with another question by the end of this tag.

Question?
          What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
               I honestly am not very happy with the beauty community on YouTube. I feel that new YouTubers are very competitive, they send messages asking for people to subscribe to them, but I dont find any kind of reciprocity in there. I am a YouTuber, I've been a Youtuber for a few months now, I haven't sent any requests for anybody to subscribe to my channel, and not many people have discovered my channel to begin with. But those who have did not care to subscribe to me, they just wanted me to subscribe to them. I think that the beauty community appears to be nicer and more appealing that it really is.

An Extra Question:
          Pick the best product of each makeup category?
               Foundation: Guerlain Lingerie De Peau
               Concealer: Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer
               Eyeshadows: Guerlain Ecrin 4 Colors
               Eyeliner: Lancome Le Crayon Khol Waterproof
               Mascara: Still havent found my holy grail mascara yet
               Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder
               Blush: Tom Ford Blushes
               Highlighter: Guerlain Meterorites Perles D'azur
               Lipstick: YSL Glossy Stains
               Lip Gloss: I dont like lipglosses
               Lip Liners: I never tried them yet.


I will be doing a video soon, and I'll make sure to attach a link if you're interested in watching it

No comments:

Post a Comment