Saturday, March 1, 2014

Awful Awful Product #1: Dior Hydra Life Skin Perfect Refining Perfecting Moisturizer

Do you know what happens when you run out of a great moisturizer? You just start trying out some samples you get with purchases, and boy oh boy, I have had bad luck with samples, but never like this. No, my skin hasn't broken out, it doesn't show any signs of an awful reaction, but during the time I wear it, my face feels extremely tight and uncomfortable!

My skin is normal, normal-dry during the winter. And I am a heavy moisturizer lover at  heart, but when you use an expensive moisturizer, repurchasing it immediately may not be an option. Honestly, it is mainly my mistake that I still used this moisturizer even though I can tell from the fragrance that this is almost pure alcohol! This "moisturizer" works very well if you want to turn your skin into a desert. Moreover, the second ingredient is alcohol, which is the skin's worst enemy even if you have the oiliest skin ever. It claims to minimize the appearance of pores, but what I think it did was mess my foundation entirely and accentuate any dry spot you are not even aware of. This is seriously, the worst of the bunch! I have never tried a worse moisturizer, this is hands down, a skin-wrecking product that feels, looks, and oh dear lord, smells completely and utterly off-putting! If any of you readers out there happen to be using this, and even if you think this is working out fine for you, trust me, you don't want to put pure hand sanitizer on your face!

The only good thing about it is the packaging of the original bottle which comes with a pump. But what good is a pump if the product is genuinely evil. Not to mention that this is arguably the most irritating product ever! It is, without a doubt, hell!

I hope to talk to you guys about a good recommendation next time, but if you do like me talking about products I despise, I might do that more often! Anyway, if you have any moisturizer recommendations for me to try out, please feel free to share the knowledge.

PS. the moisturizer I use is the Dior Hydra Life Silk Cream (the equivalent of the comfort cream also by Dior), and it is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment