Wednesday, March 12, 2014

CarolCosmos Get to know Me

After writing a blog for about a year or so, I decided to write a post for any of you lovely readers who would like to know more about me.
So lets start with the basics. 

My name is Carol, and I am currently 23 years old. I live in Nazareth, yes that same holy one, cant say that I hate it, but I would rather live in London for example! I have two brothers who are younger than me, one is still in school and the other has started college like a year ago.
I have a bachelor degree in English Language and Literature, and I have been teaching English through the Helen Doron method for 3 years now. Lately, I've been considering getting either a teaching certificate, or starting fashion designing school, haven't made up my mind yet.
I wasn't bothered by makeup or beauty until 2 years ago when I accidentally watched a Guerlain haul. Now I can say that makeup for me is a passion, I love everything about it, and I just feel happier when I have something on my face.
I also really like books, I used to like it more before makeup came into my life, but I still really like books. I'm not into sci-fi, so you'd never catch me reading Harry Potter or anything about zombies or vampires, but I do like a little bit of sci-fi, such as Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.
I also love cooking, I find myself constantly wanting to try something new. I'd say I'm quite daring when it comes to trying new types of food, but it very much depends on the ingredients. 
I am not so good with desserts, and I would blame that on the fact that I don't have a sweet tooth to begin with. In fact, I kind of hate chocolate, or I am very picky with the chocolate I like. Don't judge!
Yes, I am not so big on sweets, but I love me lots of fruits. In fact, if I  had to choose between a plateful of fruits or a plateful or chocolate, I'd go for fruits!
Music-wise, I have always been  stuck with older songs/singers/bands. I am a little obsessed with oldies, especially Doris Day, I LOVE HER! But I also really like older authentic rock & roll, a little bit of metal, not too hard. I used to be obsessed with Def Leppard for a good two years. 21st century-wise, I am not content with what we have, and if I could choose one singer whom I love unconditionally, it must be Duffy. Lately, I've been obsessed with Leonard Cohen, Queen, Journey, and Billy Joel. I honestly don't know how to define my taste in music, how would you define it??
Movies, movies oh movies. I love movies, I really do! I especially love drama ones, those that aren't purely based on love, but ones where love plays a small but noticeable part in it. My favorite movie of all time is The Cider House Rules, it has been my favorite for over 12 years, and ever since then, Tobey Maguire has been my favorite actor too, I think he's adorable! Again, I don't watch sci-fi, I just hate it...
Series/shows havent been to my liking until about a year ago, when I saw the first episode of The Following, and that was the moment when I flipped. Ever since then, I've been watching more series than ever. Most of them are thrillers, but I do love Greys Anatomy too. I have just started watching Bates Motel yesterday, and I think I will love it too. 
I started a blog because I needed to talk about my new obsession with someone, and I thought I'd just write it down and hope to find someone who shares the same passions as mine. I havent told anyone about this until recently, but I warn then that I'll kick their butts if they subscribe or tell others. I am still shy about it. However, I also do YouTube, and no one knows about it too, well, no one is allowed to subscribe anyway. What can I say? Everybody is a little insecure in Nazareth, people judge!
Now into a little round of favorites:
favorite color: orange/khaki green
favorite food: sushi
favorite season: spring
favorite  month: May
favorite number: 8
favorite animal: dog, an afghan hound to be specific!!! DIVINE!
Favorite books: The Cider House Rules, Snow Falling on Cedars, Memoirs of a Geisha, Angela's Ashes, Never Let Me Go, A Prayer For Owen Meany, Giovanni's Room
favorite item of clothing: white top
favorite type of shoes: ballet flats
favorite item of makeup: eyeshadow
favorite makeup brand: Guerlain, Dior, Tom Ford
Favorite Perfume: Tom Ford Violet Blonde
favorite actress: Naomi Watts/Julianne Moore/Charlize Theron 
Favorite actors: Tobey Maguire/Robert De Niro/Anthony Hopkins
Favorite Movies: The Cider House Rules/Legends of the Fall/An Education
Favorite quotes: 
"A task too strong for wizard spells / This squire has brought about / Tis easy throwing stones in wells / but who shall get them out" from Middlemarch 
"Perhaps everybody has a garden of Eden, I don't know; but they have scarcely seen their garden before they see the flaming sword. Then, perhaps, life only offers the choice of remembering the garden or forgetting it. Either, or: it takes strength to remember, it takes another kind of strength to forget, it takes a hero to do both. People who remember court madness through pain, the pain of the perpetually recurring death of their innocence; people who forget court another kind of madness, the madness of the denial of pain and the hatred of innocence; and the world is mostly divided between madmen who remember and madmen who forget. Heroes are rare." from Giovanni's Room

And that is all for today! Hope you enjoyed! If you have any requests for future posts, leave them as a comment below, and thank you for reading :) I'd actually love reading your favorite quotes, so, as they say, keep them coming! And if you'd like some book reviews, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment