Monday, March 10, 2014

The Verdict Is #1: Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape

If you'd ask me about a relatively "affordable" lip product that I have been eyeing for absolutely ages, yet never swatched or looked at in person, then the answer is Clinique Chubby Stick  Intense in Grandest Grape. I have read countless reviews on it, looked at countless pictures of people wearing it, but never actually remembered to pay a visit to a Clinique counter until fairly recently. But enough on that, lets get to the review!


Grandest Grape is a GORGEOUS winter shade, the color looks like a fine glass of red wine, yum yum! It applies evenly on the lips, and the color can be sheered out or really built up. It is definitely on the glossy side, which even though I don't mind it, but for such dark vampy shade, I would have preferred satin finishes, but nonetheless, its a matter of personal preference, and I don't speak for anyone other than myself.


Application is a little tricky for me, I am not used to lip products that come with similar packaging, as this is my first lip "crayon", so to say. But it is really simple nonetheless. The packaging is very user friendly, it is easy to twist the lipstick up and down, and you can even twist it all the way up and you wont have trouble with twisting it down, if that makes any sense at all. The cap never comes off by itself, which ticks all the right boxes in my book. However, a warning, you can usually twist many lipsticks while the cap is on, and the lipstick wont come up, but with these, the lipstick will come up and touch the cap or lid, smudge, and make a whole lot of a mess.


Essentially, this is meant to be like a heavily tinted balm, hence the name. Since it is a balm, it should feel comfortable on the lips, and that I think is true, it is quite comfortable to wear, it is very comfortable actually that it feels a little slippery and even slightly oily. This only means that it is not a long  lasting lip product, WHATSOEVER, which is what I dislike the most about this color. I just think that darker colors have got to be long lasting, or at least ever so slightly staining, but I don't get a long wear nor a stain out of this product. But to be honest, this lipstick doesn't claim to deliver long hours of wear nor a stain, just an intensely pigmented moisturizing lip balm.


So, the verdict is that if you fancy a lip product that is very comfortable, has a beautiful sexy color, yet doesn't last long and requires constant reapplication, then this is a good choice. It is veeeery comfortable, veeeeeeery beautiful, and I really love it and I do not regret purchasing it, I just wish it wash longer lasting, that's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment