Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Current Foundation Routine

When the base is well prepped, everything you put in top should look enhanced, better, smoother, and more perfected. What I want to say is that a better complexion is more important than a smokey eye. I usually try my best to make my skin look as good as possible. I kind of have good skin to begin with, but I do get the odd breakouts, mainly one or two spots on my chin every now and then, but I still think I'm lucky, skin-wise! I have normal skin that can lean more towards a dry-ish one during the colder months, and my skin doesn't react to products that poorly. LUCKILY!

So, for me, I want my skin to look luminous, but not "wet looking" or "sweaty". I am not into intense coverage, I want my skin to still be visible, but perfected, as if I have the best skin, naturally. Since I like lighter coverage foundations, I use heavier concealer on the spots that need an extra push or the areas that need help, so to say.

But the first step that I think is essential for me is primer. I use primer for 3 reasons, first being the fact that is makes your foundation look better for longer, which means that it makes your foundation more long lasting. I also love wearing foundation to give my skin a smoother surface, and a more luminous one, so that the foundation will glide on it and benefit from the luminosity of it. But my main concern and the real reason why I think a primer is an essential step for me is those very fine but visible enough for me. (I am 23, I don't really have lines, but here's a little confession for you: I just feel a little insecure about that area)

Powder is one of the steps I would have skipped had there not been those translucent illuminating powders. As I said, I don't have oily skin, and I do not get shiny, so a powder with extra coverage and oil controlling properties doesn't do much for me, and I don't like too much coverage. So, I love those illuminating transparent powders.

And now that I've laid down my foundation Routine "standards", its time to share my products of choice.


For primer, I am currently using a mixture of two primers at once. The first one is the Estee Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer, which I find is great for making my foundation longer lasting, and it is also fabulous for making those "fine and almost invisible" lines invisible. It says that it is illuminating, but my other primer is far more superior, in terms of how illuminating it is. So, the second primer is the Guerlain L'or Radiance Concentrate Primer, the one with gold particles in it. This one is more dewy looking than the EL (Estee Lauder), it doesn't do that much for those lines, nor does it make my foundation longer lasting, but if you want a settle dewy finish, you cant go wrong with this, plus, gold is supposed to be good for blood circulation. I either mix the primers together, or I apply the EL along my t-zone, and the Guerlain one on the rest of my face, it depends on how much time I have. You do not really need to wait for the primer to set, but I find that if you give it 20-30 seconds to set, your foundation will apply better!





Now for foundation, my holy grail one and the only one I am currently using is the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation, and the shade I am in is 02 Beige Claire. This is a very undetectable and light foundation. It feels like you have nothing on your face, it looks like it too, but it enhances your complexion and makes it look 10 times better! The coverage is light to medium, one thin layer would give you a light coverage, and a second one gives more of a medium one. So, this is definitely a build-able foundation that is absolutely not cake-y. It has a very natural, dewy but definitely more satiny finish. I believe it is water based, and that is probably why its so thin and runny. It is fantastic to apply it with a brush, a sponge, and even your hands. Fun Fact, I have now repurchased this for four times in a row, it might actually be a new foundation record! However, I kinda want to try the Guerlain Tenue De Perfection! Have any of you lovely readers tried it??? and also that Dior foundation spray!!!!! LET ME KNOW!



Ok, so foundation's done, but you might still have some spots that are not concealed. So concealer is the third step for me. I use two types of concealers, one for high coverage spots type of concealer, and one for highlighting under eyes kind of concealer. For my spots, I trust EL Double Wear line, as I am currently using the EL Double Wear Stay in Place Flawless Wear one. It is a heavy coverage on that is still light enough for my to tolerate. It covers nicely, and can be built up for those extra red spots. It is also great to wear as a base for those under eye concealers, just to neutralize the surface and make sure that we're not highlighting the darkness under there. For my under eyes and around my nose, I am currently using the Dior SkinFlash Radiance Pen. It does the job nicely, but honestly, the Guerlain gal within me wants the Guerlain Precious Light back, which is what I'm going to do once I run out of this Dior one. Don't get me wrong, its nice and all, but I am a Guerlain gal at heart, I just cannot help myself!





Powder is this one step that I think is unnecessary for me, but one that I still love and enjoy. And that is all thanks to my very first makeup purchase (fun fact), my Guerlain Meteorites pearls! I have a limited edition one, the Perles D'azur, which is the version they released, collaborating with Emilio Pucci. This is a powder that is super finely milled, that has super fine light reflecting particles that make your face look illuminated. It also has a special power, it makes your face look pore-less, its like a diffusing powder, one that's enhanced with settle light reflection properties, and one that smells so darn good too. I love the meteorites, I do admit that the effect is very settle that some people might not justify the price, but if you're after those tiny little details, and you do not mind a little bit of extra illumination, the you're a meteorites person!




I have actually filmed a video of my foundation routine! So if you want to see how each one of the products applies, as well as the what the textures are like, then don't forget to head over to my channel and watch it!



Seems like a lot of products to use on daily basis, but it takes me about 5 minutes to get it all on, and I can do it with less time if I was in a rush.
So... YEAH, this is my foundation routine, and I think its working perfectly well for me. I'd love to know if any of you use any of the products I mentioned, and if so, what do you think about them! I am also interested in concealer recommendations, maybe one of those pots rather than one that looks like a lip gloss!

No comments:

Post a Comment