Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Top 5 High End Lipsticks

High End lipsticks are one of these kind of products that once you start buying a few of them, you simply cannot stop. They are addictive for many reasons, like packaging, unique colors, the way they feel on the lips, and the list is endless. Picking 5 colors was not an easy task, it took me a week to finally settle on the selection I'm going to share with you today. So, without any further ado, lets get started.



The first lip product is the Guerlain Shine Automatique in 265 Pao Rosa. I'll start by saying that the packaging is amazing on this one. It has a button the you must slide to get the product to come out.  It is very light, not nearly as heavy as other Guerlain products, but it is just as stunning. This shade is a plummy purple-red sheer yet pigmented lip color with fine pink shimmers running through it. It is not as long lasting as more opaque lipsticks, but is is definitely long lasting in comparison to other sheer lipsticks in the market. I have gone through several tubes of this, I have to admit that this is by far my go to most cherished lip product I own.





Lipstick number 2 is another Guerlain lipstick, and it is the Rouge Automatique in 141, Quand Vient Lete, which actually means when summer comes! It is a stunning peach coral, more on the orange side of the spectrum. It is extremely comfortable, like the whole Rouge Automatique line. It is definitely more opaque and pigmented than the Shine Automatique, and more long lasting. I would actually stretch it and say that this leaves a little bit of a stain behind it. The packaging is identical to the Shine Automatique line, nothing short of gorgeous. It is perfect for daily wear, perfect for spring and summer, but again, when I like a shade, I wear it whenever I feel like doing so.




Lipstick number three is very similar to number 2 in the fact that they are both coral shades. It is Lancome's Rouge in Love in 322M Rouge in Love. This is a pink coral, there isn't a lot of peach going through it, but just enough to make it a coral and not a pink. It's very comfortable and creamy, similar to the lipsticks mentioned above. The packaging isn't as nice, but its still quite pretty. It lasts for a long time, as long as a light color can. I love this for the summer with very minimal makeup on, maybe just a ton of bronzer, and a ton of mascara too.






Lipstick number four is the boldest I'd say, this is the lipstick to pull of when you're feeling particularly brave and fancy. It is the Tom Ford lip color in Wild Ginger, and boy is is truly WILD! This is an orange red shade that is extremely opaque and long lasting. It applies creamy and has a ton of pigment, its really impressive. This shade leaves a decent stain behind it. a gorgeous one indeed. But honestly I just think that it is a little but (A LOT) overpriced! But hey, I don't regret it, and I would purchase more in a heartbeat! And the packaging is stunning, oh, so stunning!






Last but not least, and the most long lasting one of the bunch is a classic red. We're talking about the infamous amazing YSL Glossy Stains, and the one in 09, Rouge Lacque. This is a classic red that makes you feel like a billion dollars babe just by wearing it. Though not as comfortable and slightly drying (majorly!), I love it, I just love love love it! This is seriously long lasting, its not even funny. You can go out for lunch and eat everything on the menu and you'll still have it on your lips! If I am going out to eat, I do not think twice! Plus, the shade is just to die for, it is gorgeous, my favorite red of all time, and the most long lasting lip product mentioned in this post! This is amazing stuff, I would have paid Tom Ford prices for this, but its not as expensive, and its more long lasting! NO JOKES, this is amazeballs!






And here's a recap for the lipstick gems discussed today:


(top to bottom: Guerlain Shine Automatique in 265, Guerain Rouge Automatique in 141, Lacome Rouge in Love in 322M, Tom Ford Lip Color in Wild Ginger, YSL Glossy Stain in 09)

To see which products I use with these lipsticks, make sure you watch this video :)

No comments:

Post a Comment