Friday, March 1, 2013

Dior Hydra Life Sorbet Cream vs. Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Velvet Luminescence Moisturizing Cream

As I mentioned in a previous post, I recently started using the Givenchy Sparkling Moisturizer, and I raved about it right away. Now, I am glad to announce that so far I was right! This Moisturizer is truly an amazing one, very lightweight, absorbs in a wink of an eye, and does not leave skin feeling greasy, even though its really moisturizing. Before I tried this I was trying the Dior Hydra Life Sorbet Cream moisturizer, and I really wanted to like it. it was really nice for my oilier t zone, which is not that oily, hence I only have combination skin, and no area is especially greasy. But the Dior moisturizer was not moisturizing enough for drier areas of my skin, like my cheeks. I was really determined that it should work, so I started to think that maybe the toner is a bit drying, or maybe its just the fact that the weather in Israel is kind of fickle! Anyhow, I just didnt want to believe that maybe its the moisturizer. Then one day my mother comes home and gives me a couple samples that her friends from a Givenchy counter gave her, and I have to admit that I was quite skeptical. But, it all changed in a couple hours, right after I actually used this cream. I have been using it for a week now, and I dont have dry cheeks anymore, and my t zone is not greasy at all, and the cream itself is really fresh and reviving, I love it! 
The texture of the Givenchy moisturizer is slightly thinner than the Dior one, though it doesnt run in your palm or on your face, but it feels like there's more moisture in it than in the Dior one! I also have to say that I prefer the scent of the Givenchy moisturizer over the Dior one as well. In terms of application, I'd say that they are very similar, in the sense that they absorb quickly, and they do feel nice, but the Givenchy feels nicer I'd say, especially on the cheeks. 
I was prejudiced at first, thinking that my Dior Hydra Life moisturizer was better for my skin especially because I have a t zone which is not perfect, and I really liked how my t zone felt while I was using the Dior one. But despite the prejudices, Givenchy won me over rather quickly, and I an very content with this moisturizer. However there are a couple more moisturizers I'd like to try before I decide to commit and buy the Givenchy moisturizer, like the Dior Hydra Life Energizing Moisturizer, and the Dior Skin Perfect Pore Refining moisturizer, Guerlain Super Aqua Day Refreshing Cream, and I am still reading about a few other moisturizers as well.
Well, overall, I'd have to say that the Givenchy moisturizer is a lot better for my combination skin, it delivers enough moisture to keep my cheeks nice and hydrated, while keeping my t zone matte and never greasy! So far, if I do not discover a better moisturizer, I will be purchasing this moisturizer, definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment