Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Current Skin Care Routine

I am truly late to the game, I have just started a skin care routine like a week ago, but I feel like I should start writing about it already and not keep all the updates until I have seen all the results after a decent period of time, because I believe the process is quite important as well! Therefore, today I will mention the products I have been using, the products I tried before, and a brief description on how to apply them and what they feel like.
To start, I must say that skin care is definitely not a thing that works for everybody in the same way, however, it never hurts to hear what other people have to say. I have a normal to combination skin type, and as you can expect, my t zone is the most oily area of my face, therefore, the products I am using may not work for many skin types, and not even me, because it has only been a week since I started using the products as a routine rather than a once or twice a week kind of thing.

The first product I want to talk about is a product I no longer use, and it is a product that I have dedicated an entire blog post on it, which I will link right after this brief description. The product I am talking about is the Decleor Hydra Floral Anti Pollution Flower Nectar Moisturizing Cream. The product is truly rich and super moisturizing. It is a moisturizer therefore you just have to apply it directly to your face, avoiding the eyes area, and it was meant to be used during the day. On me, it was just way too heavy and rich, that my skin could not absorb, and it made me super shiny and greasy, and caused gigantic breakouts. The rest of the information are to be found in this following link:
http://carolcosmis.blogspot.co.il/2013/02/decleor-hydra-floral-anti-pollution.html

The next product I wanted to mention is also a product that I have stopped using, and its the Lancome Genifique Eye Youth Activating Cream. My issues with this were also greasiness. This didn't cause any breakouts, though I have never seen breakouts near the eye area in my life before, so I don't know if that is possible at all. Anyhow, I stopped using it because it felt awfully greasy on my eyelids, and it made my eye make up fade and transfer and what not, it was just a horrible experience and I just couldn't carry on using a product that was making my Guerlain eye shadow quads fade in less than a few hours!

The next product I wan to mention is also by Decleor, and it is the Aroma Cleanse Exfoliating Cream. Now this has more of a mask kind of texture, or at least that's how I will describe it. It should be applied on the face, avoiding the eye area, and then it should be left to dry for a couple minutes, and then exfoliated gently in an upwards kind of motion, placing one hand gently near the area that the other hand is working on. This shouldn't be used more than twice a week. I have been using this for over a month and a half, and I honestly love it. I can feel my skin being refreshed and revived, and I can physically see and feel the dead skin that is being exfoliated. I dont know how good it will be on different skin types, but I think it is doing a great job on my skin.

The next product is a product I purchased recently without having tried beforehand, and it is the Dior Instant Gentle Exfoliant With Pur Lily Extract that is meant to be applicable for all skin types. this is also a product that is meant to be used no more that three times a week. This should be applied on a damp face, avoiding the eyes area, it should be massaged thoroughly and rinsed with water. I do like it in the shower, its very nice and refreshing, and the fine beads within the formula feel like they truly are doing something and kind of sinking inside the skin, exfoliating and refreshing it! so far, it has not irritated my skin or caused any greasiness or breakouts, but I guess I shouldn't go ahead and declare my dedicated love to it in a haste, right?

After I use the Decleor Exfoliating Cream and the Dior Instant Gentle Exfoliant, and in general when I dont use these products, I start with a makeup remover even when I am not wearing makeup, just to clean my skin a little bit before I start with my routine. The makeup remover I am currently using is the Guerlain Secret De Purite. I really like this makeup remover, it doesnt irritate any part of my face, especially my eyes, it smells lovely, and its not too greasy! I believe that people who view this blog post already know how to apply makeup removers, so I wont discuss that because it is obvious. However, I think I will probably go back to use the Lancome Bi Facil because I just likes it a tad more than I like the Guerlain makeup remover.

Now that my face is quite clean, I start with my daily routine that I do early in the morning and at night right before I go to bed. Now I think some people might consider it a bit excessive, since I am only 22 years old, but I think its never too early to start taking care of yourself. So, without any further ado, lets get started.

First I use the Decleor Aroma Cleanse Cleansing Gel, which is like a soap that should be applied on a damp face and kinda foamed with water, avoiding the eye area, and then obviously it must be rinsed.  I do like it a lot, it is meant to me used for combination to oily skin types, so it does match my face and my t zone rather well. It does not make me feel greasy or shiny, it feels very clean and refreshing and LIGHT which is what I like best about this product. The face must always be cleaned, and I think that this does a rather good job at it.

Next I use the Decleor Aroma Cleanse Cleansing Milk Face & Eyes, which is a milk that just like has been described, it can be used all over the face, including the eye area, and then after it has been massaged well, it should be wiped off with a cotton pad. Now this is nice, but it makes me feel a little oily, which is probably normal for such products, but I honestly don't like it at all. But after I finish the rest of my routine, it doesnt feel greasy anymore, so I am a little bit confused on whether to keep it or not.

After the milk, I use a toner, and the toner I use is also by Decleor and it is the Decleor Aroma Cleanse Tonifying Lotion. I really like it, it makes my skin feel really lovely and not as greasy as it felt after the cleansing milk. I haven't seen a visible difference, but I do feel like my skin is breathing after I apply it. However, for some reason, I do think like it feels like aftershaves may feel like, I mean that it does feel like my skin is a little bit on a flame for a minute or two, but then it just feels so good afterwards. I dont know whether it is normal or not, but if this wont have any visible effect like I expect of a toner, then I will probably try something else.

Next I use an eye serum, and the eye serum I'm using at the moment is the Dior Capture Totale Eyes Essential Eye Zone Boosting Super Serum. I like this way better this way better than the Lancome eye cream I used to use before, it doesnt make my eyelids greasy, it doesnt have any effect of my eye makeup, and it makes my eyes feel much more awake, and I think it has helped with my dark circles. I dont know how necessary this thing is, but I think I will find out about that in the future.

Then, I use the Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum. I have started using it a couple days ago, but I feel like it really helps my skin absorb everything way better, especially the moisturizer I use afterwards. I cant say whether or not it had any visible effect on my skin, but I like how it makes me feel less greasy than ever.

Last but not least is the moisturizer, and the moisturizer I am using is the Dior Hydra Life Pro-Yoth Sorbet Creme. I like it, I think it has just the right amount of moisture, it is really easy to apply and my skin seems to absorb it rather quickly, which is good. It is winter, and my skin is normally drier than ever, and I believe this has really helped with the dryness of this weather, and the smell is much more tolerable than the Decleor Hydra Floral cream scent.

Overall, I havent seen a lot of changes, mainly because I am new to this whole skin care habit. I have felt that this has diminished some of the blemishes I had after using the greasy Decleor cream, and I feel like my face is less oily and more lively. I will keep updating you with whatever changes I experience, and hopefully it will all be good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment