Saturday, July 27, 2013

WARNING - Super Disappointing product: Lancome Blush Subtil Palette

I hate to be the one to bring the bad news, especially when the product is a long anticipated one, and even worse when I had such high expectations for the product. But, what can I say, gotta do what you've gotta do, right?

Anyhow... the product I am talking about is the Lancome Blush Subtil Palette in the shade Nectar Lace. I wanted this product for months, and then there was a 50% discount at Lancome counters, so I decided to purchase it. It has all that a cheek could ever need, a matte bronzer, a blush, and a highlighter. Now the good thing about it is that Lancome has obviously thought about the consumption of each of the powders in this palette, the blush is the most used, and its' quantity is larger than the bronzer and the highlighter, and the consumption of the bronzer is generally more than the one of the highlighter, which is why the quantity of the bronzer is bigger than the one of the highlighter. But overall, this palette is very poor in terms of quantity, as it only offers a total of 4.5 grams, and this includes everything in the palette. I dont have anything in my blush/bronzer/highlighter collection that is less or even equal to it, not to mention that this palette has three products. Overall, I dont think that this palette is worth any kind of applaud. I think Lancome did not do their math correctly.

Other than the fact that the quanitity is terrible, the quality is also disappointing. I apply it with my Dior Blush brush, and trust me, it is ultra soft, but the powder just doesnt seem to handle it well, and it feels like product is being wasted constantly, which bugs me even more. Wasting product that is hardly ever there is probably the worst point I want to make in this "review", but its not all.

The product is so powdery, I feel like it transfers easily, doesnt last very well, and the blush and the highlighter are too shimmery to be used in conjunction. Yes, it does look pretty, but its really not worth it. And what I really hate is seeing some powder residue inside the pan, with brush marks on the powder, like actual streaks. OH WHAT A DISASTER.

To be honest, I did jump into the concept of 3 products in one way too quickly, I didn't even bother reading about it, or how much product it contains. I admit that it was my fault. But to be honest, I also purchase Lancome's limited edition highlighting blush from last year, and I was also disappointed. I guess there is something about Lancome powders that I don't like at all! But the quantity just absolutely killed me.



Bottom line: I truly wouldn't recommend getting this product at all. It is relatively inexpensive for a high end palette, but I can totally see why. This was an absolute miss for me, and I dont feel like I will be using this much, such a shame.


PS. This is how the powdery highlighter from last year looks like today! look at all the powder residue on the compact! and the mirror looks terrible too, but its too reflective, obviously! I have not used it in a long time, to me, this just looks, mind me, disgusting, and I have cleaned this several times, but it always ends up looking like such a mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment