Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mind Blowing Product #3: Guerlain Maxi Shine

Its Guerlain girl time... YAY! Do you love Guerlain as much as I do? Well, then you must have already tried these beauties! Today I want to talk to you about a product that I haven't had for long, but one that I think is absolutely mind blowing. It is a gloss, and though I'm not much of a gloss fan, I couldn't resist a Guerlain lip product in a pretty package! The gloss line is called Maxi Shine, and that shine word at the end delivers pretty intensely, its almost like a mirror effect.

I would have liked to talk to you about the packaging, but a picture is worth a thousand words, and again, we are talking about Guerlain, the queen or king of luxury. So without any further ado, here's the big reveal!


Beautiful, RIGHT! 


It has a doe foot applicator, and it kind of looks like a rectangle, which I am still on the fence about. I find the applicator to be a little too stiff and inflexible, and it does not come to a point, like the YSL glossy stains for example. But it is not impossible whatsoever, it is actually kind of still easy, just not as good as a pointy applicator might have been. This gloss is also quite secure, you can put it in your handbag and forget about it, and it won't open.



The finish is ULTRA glossy, as I said before, it looks almost like a mirror of some sort. And I find it to be one of the longer lasting glosses out there. It doesn't last as well as a lipstick, but then it doesn't claim to be one too. It is also not entirely sheer, which gets a massive thumbs up from me. The color I have is in 470, as noted earlier, and it is called Magenta Waoh (wow??)! The only downside to luxury makeup is those french names, makes you feel like whatever degree you spent your time on wasn't enough for glamour world! Anyway, leaving lovely french aside, unless it was a french man of course (JK), this is a magenta purple pink, stunnnnning! it reminds me of a sheered out Lancome Violette Coquette, that would make a great lip combo! And because I'm rubbish at describing colors, here's a good ol' swatch for y'all!




And lastly, IS THIS THING COMFORTABLE ON OUR LUSCIOUS LIPS??? HELL YEAH! But I think it is a tiny little bit heavy, and you might not want your hair to get blown away and land on this gloss, its just a little sticky for my taste, which is why I don't wear glosses that much, but I want to branch out of my boring lipstick life and I love this gloss and I love Guerlain and it was on a pretty good sale, soooo, sure, why not! 





Do you have any this line of glosses? Which shades do you think I should get next? AAND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS SHADE?? 


YouTube review:

No comments:

Post a Comment