Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Look #1: The Daily Coppers With A Twist

Spring to me is kinda like the beginning of my bronzer season. I know some people find pastels more appropriate for spring, and this is a look that will be coming pretty soon I promise, but honestly, I much prefer my coppers.


Since its pretty difficult to do a tutorial on the blog, I decided to talk a little bit about the products, and hopefully do a quick 3-4 minutes tutorial on my YouTube channel. So lets get the copper party started. (No base products discussed here for I have covered the foundation routine topic on both this blog and my channel)

here are the colors involved

Since I mentioned my lovely bronzer, I though I'll start there. I use the Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 03 Brunettes. This bronzer is more orange toned, which makes it perfect for giving your face a healthy warmth and glow rather than a sculpting effect. It also has very fine shimmer that are, in my experience, undetectable on the skin. It goes on super smoothly on the face, it is pretty pigmented, and very easy to build up and intensify on some areas of your face. I apply this all over my face and neck, and it just looks glamorous, I think. And that's all I do cheeks-wise.




Moving on to the makeup part that I love the best, the eyes. This eye look is super simple that it doesn't need a pro to recreate. I practically use two eyeshadows, a liner, and some mascara. The first eyeshadow is one that I bet every girl who watches a little bit of YouTube has heard of, and probably got. It is the infamous Maybelline Color Tattoo in On And On Bronze, or Bad To The Bronze. I use my mac 239 brush and apply this on my lid, making sure that I do not apply it over my crease, and then I take the very ends of the mac 239 and I run the product along the outer half of my lower lash line. No pro skill needed here! Then I take a coppery powder eyeshadow with a mac 217 and I just apply it over the bronze color we've applied before, and a little into the crease, and of course over the bronze on your lover lash line. Then I take the Lancome LE Crayon Khol Waterproof in 07 Curacao, which is a turquoise teal eyeliner, and line my waterline like a pro! And all you've got to do now is curl those lashes of yours and coat them with a ton of mascara!









For the lips, I love me some good juicy orange corals. Now of course there are plenty of shades like that in the market, but I'm still hooked on the Guerlain Automatique line, and the one we're talking about today is the Rouge automatique in 141 Quand Vient L'Ete. This can honestly be enough on its own since it does have some lovely golden shimmer running through it, but to make it juicer, you should definitely opt for a gloss on top. I love the combination of this lipstick and the Estee Lauder gloss in Praline Paradise which is a peachy nude color with beautiful shimmer too and a lot of shine.





To finish up the look, I also recommend a shimmery metallic coppery nail polish like this Ga-De Crystal Glow Nail Enamel in 815 Tangerine Garnet. Two coats of it and your look is complete.



I purposely did not share a picture of the final look because I'm saving it for the YouTube tutorial which I will hopefully film next week! And it will hopefully include my first outfit of the day, so keep your fingers crossed! But meanwhile, enjoy the swatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment