Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Basic 3 Skincare Steps For All Ages

Our poor skin is constantly attacked both by the polluted environment and the makeup some of us wear. I know that its resilient, but we might as well help it maintain its freshness for as long as it can. 3 steps that are essential for everyone, regardless to whether you wear makeup or not, and regardless to your skin type, age, etc. are cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Yes, moisturizing, for even the oiliest of skins must be moisturized. To learn more about these steps, please keep reading.

Cleansing the face is the most important step of all. You should cleanse both morning and night. Now there are multiple kinds of cleansers. I would recommend using a cleanser that needs to be washed off with water. If you're like me and you still use a soap kind of cleanser, then there are a couple things that you should keep in mind. Yes, you are using a cleanser, but it really shouldn't cleanse your face off of its natural oils, and that is simply because it will encourage the skin to produce more oil and compensate for its' loss, so, if your skin was oily to begin with, it will most likely become oilier. It shouldn't lather and foam up too much, and that is also because it means that the cleanser has unhealthy ingredients such as parabens, etc. I think it should also be friendly enough to be used on both the face and the eyes. I am yet to use a balm cleanser, I actually ordered the Clinique Balm Cleanser which should arrive shortly. I am not particularly fond of milk cleansers, it just never felt comfortable on my skin, even though I have normal-dry skin. The skin I'm currently using, and really loving, is the Dior Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Lily Extract, which doesn't lather up, is gentle on my kinda sensitive eyes, and is alcohol free.

Toning the face is another essential step for 4 reasons. The basic 2 reasons that might be self explanatory which is moisturization and assisting the following steps that follow the toner. Toners should also remove the dead skins that should improve your cellular renewal, as well as balance the pH of the skin. I use two different toners, one which is a moisturizing one on daily basis, and one that is exfoliating, and I use it about 3 times a week. Exfoliating toners seem to get quite a lot of attention nowadays, and honestly I agree with the hype. Exfoliating toners have acids in them, nothing too aggressive that will burn your skins obviously, but enough to remove your dead skin cells. Many toners seen to have high percentages of Alcohol Denatured in them, so make sure that there's enough glycerin in your toner to keep your skin form getting too dry.

Lastly, moisturizing. Honestly, this is the step that really depends on your skin type. But my general advice is to use an alcohol-free, mineral oil-free moisturizer, one that doesn't have a strong fragrance to it, and obviously one that suits your skin type and doesn't have other ingredients that you are sensitive to. The reasons why I do not encourage alcohol is because it'll dry your face too much and make it oilier in the long run, and fragrance causes many allergic reactions, and the mineral oil cannot penetrate into your skin, so your skin will not benefit from any other good ingredients in your skin. Also, I think antioxidants are a great thing to have in your moisturizer because it will combat free radicals and prevent their damage.

CAPISH???
SOOO yeah that's it for today... I hope you learned something from this. Now I am not a dermatologist, I just read a lot about skincare and ingredients, I'd like to call myself a self educated client. And I hope that this lecture was somewhat helpful. Take care of your skin people, and don't skip those steps both day and night!

No comments:

Post a Comment